Open Government Partnership
Project Proposal: Support for achieving the National Anticorruption Strategy objectives by increasing the efficiency of the asset recovery and management
The project is financed by the European Commission within the “Prevention of and Fight against Crime” under the Thematic Fund Security. The project is funded by the Swiss-Romanian Cooperation program to reduce economic and social disparities within the enlarged Europe Union and it is implemented in partnership with the Basel institute on Governance.
Partners: Ministry of Justice and Basel Institute on Governance, Switzerland.
Total eligible costs CHF: 866.021 (of which 85% - 736.118 CHF amounts requested from the TFS and 15% - 129.903,16 amount of Romanian co-funding)
Project duration: 30 months (July 2016- January 2019)
The project’s objective is the creation, within the National Agency for the Management of Seized Assets, of the national integrated electronic system of criminal assets, which is a centralized database empowering the institutions with attributions in the field of criminal assets, by including information on the assets in respect of which measures were ordered by the prosecution, courts and enforcement bodies.
The purpose is achieving the objective of the national integrated electronic system of criminal assets, a centralized database of crime in Romania, taking into consideration also the best practices of other assets identified seized, confiscated and sold shall be developed and put in use.
The main activities to be developed within the project are the following:
- Elaboration of a report comprising different models of IT tools on asset recovery and management and their functionalities and modules;
- Organizing a seminar in order to present the report and discuss it with the Romanian stakeholders;
- Developing the national integrated electronic system of criminal assets
- Training of the target group representatives who will use the national integrated information system;
- Procurement of hardware;
- Organization of the final conference of the project.